Let me start by saying that my heart goes out to those who are under the employment of this company.

I'm not a consumer or a client however I have worked for this company for a long time. I read the previous review and I couldn't agree more with it, coming to this company was one of the worst mistakes ive made in my life. Ive been nothing but a loyal worker for years and have been walked all over and treated like dirt. However it wasnt always like this and at the start it used to be a good company.

On the 3rd of june I recieved my redundancy letter from simply security, they didnt even bother to tell me in person they just sent me a letter and thats that. Simply security knew that they had lost the contract around feburary but decided to deny it and told us to stop spreading rumors or we will be in trouble. Long story short they weren't rumors and were indeed fact.

I have decided I have nothing to lose so I will share my experience with the company.

One would think that after years of loyal hard work you would be off minimum wage, well I've been with the company for a while now and I am still earning minimum wage.

There appears to be a major disconnect between management (the office) and the us the security guards in the end we are left to pick up the pieces for managements mistakes. That can mean anything from working 14 hour shifts through to having your days off taken away from you. Simply claims that we are doing them a favour but its a one way street.

There is a culture within the office where lying to workers has become common place. Promised mc donalds, movie tickets, vouchers etc. for filling in shifts only to never get it seems to be a common occurance.

HR at the company used to be good but once Lenka Hes came along it completely changed. She lies through her teeth to the workers, back dates offical company letters so that changes are made effective immediately, breachs employment laws and the list goes on. They seem to get away with this behaviour because they hire alot of foreigners who are not well versed in employment law.

The company spams your phone without your consent and even after asking them to stop they continue to do so . They change the phone number after each text so that you cant block them. Sometimes texts wake me up at 4am on my days off and on top of that some days I recieved countless spam texts from simply.

Finally the contract is really bad. Ive never seen such a bad contract. It really is one sided as stated by the previous review. Trade restraints that stop me from doing security work for six months if I leave, clauses that provide protection for the company and not for you. For example if I am attacked and end up in hospital the company will accept no responsibility and I will have to pay for everything including medical expenses myself. There's also a month long notice period and if you leave before this period they take out money from your final pay for example if I had to leave 2 weeks early I would have to pay them for those 2 weeks that I did not attend.

The list really does go on and I could sit here all day listing all the things that this company has done wrong but that would make me appear as a jaded worker. To be honest with you I am pleased that I will finally escape this company and move on to greener pastures.

Company wrote 0 public responses to the review from Jun 08, 2016.

Comments

Lenka Hes is probably the worst thing to have happend to me all my time at this company. Shes condescending and treats staff like they're a bunch of idiots.

She even spoke to me like I wasa child, like actually used a tone of a parent trying to teach their toddler - it was beyond ridiculous. At one stage, she overheard someone being critical of the company - not even gasbagging, but making legitimate comments of things that were going wrong and she turned around and told them to shut up or she would target them. I recall she was initially very sweet but not even a month in, she turned into the most vindictive, insidious harpy.

She once asked herself aloud laughing "why am I still single?"......mate, I am NOT surprised. Ghastly woman.

Christchurch, Canterbury, New Zealand #1187301

Being employed by simply security had to be one of the biggest mistakes I've ever made! Under valued, under paid especially while certain managers in that office especially their so called hr/business support manager lenka hes are overpaid! nothing than a rude, lying, condescending cow to say the least!

to Anonymous Wellington, Wellington, New Zealand #1202633

Just a heads up. Lenka Hes has left simply security unfortunately it's too late for us who where shafted in June. She's off to ruin the lives of those at the MOJ at whatever role she has got there

to anon Wellington, Wellington, New Zealand #1218349

She may have left, but the incompetence continues with Dwayne, the afganistan veteran!

to Anonymous Wellington, Wellington, New Zealand #1257106

and heads up again is that Dwayne has since walked from Simple Security, from the small talk ive heard from a current "Simpleton" is that Diane is doing the hiring/firing now - FFS shes even WORSE than Dwayne and Lenka PUT TOGETHER

Tauranga, Gisborne, New Zealand #1177520

It's like I was reading my own thoughts when I read this.... unfortunately I'm still in the exact same nightmare in Wellington.

Someone hire me and save me from this *** :(

to Anonymous Wellington, Wellington, New Zealand #1177522

Don't know why it says I'm in tauranga when I'm in wellington